Thursday, November 4, 2010

REJECTION part III

from DEALING WITH THE PRAISE AND REJECTION OF MAN by Bob Sorge from p. 23

"Rejection hurts, but it need not wound. It's painful, but it doesn't have to penetrate the heart.

Rejection will always sting, but there is a healing balm. It is the unparalleled affection that the Father lavishes upon His children! No matter what the source of the rejection, nor the nature of the rejection, I have an internal wellspring of acceptance that flows from the heart of my heavenly Father to me."

In Christ...


"He accepts me when others reject me. He accepts me warts and all. He accepts me even when I blow it. Hre accepts me even while I sin. He accepts me regardless of my spiritual performance. He accepts me based upon the finished work of Christ's cross and His shed blood. I am as accepted by heaven as the only begotten Son of God Himself! When that acceptance is washing my soul on the inside, no amount of external rejection can wound me. I am constantly being healed by the everlasting affections of the Creator of the universe - who also happens to by my Father!..."


Who Am I? song by Casting Crowns;

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth Would care to know my name Would care to feel my hurt?

Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star Would choose to light the way For my ever wandering heart?

Not because of who I am But because of what You've done

Not because of what I've done But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading Here today & gone tomorrow A wave tossed in the ocean A vapor in the wind

Still You hear me when I'm calling, Lord, You catch me when I'm falling And You told me who I am

I am Yours,

I am Yours

Who am I, that the Eyes that see our sin Would look on me with love And watch me rise again?

Who am I, that the Voice that calmed the sea Would call out through the rain And calm the storm in me?

Not because of who I am But because what of You've done

Not because of what I've done But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading Here today and gone tomorrow A wave tossed in the ocean A vapor in the wind

Still You hear me when I'm calling, Lord, You catch me when I'm falling And You told me who I am

I am Yours

Whom shall I fear? Whom shall I fear?

'Cause I am Yours, I am Yours


" When we have been stung by rejection, we need to learn to retreat to the secret place, and be renewed and cleansed in the affections of our loving heavenly Father, the source of healing.


REJECTION IS A TRIAL - BUT THE ACCEPTANCE OF THE FATHER IS THE HEALING OINTMENT."

No comments: